Last year we had over 100 Duke student teams, and 50 Duke alumni teams compete.
All Duke students (as well as postdocs and medical residents) are eligible for the prize money. Alumni, Faculty, and Staff are also welcome to participate, but will not be eligible for the prize money. They will, however, receive feedback and support.
- $50,000 Grand Prize (thanks to Rich Lee of Hosted Solutions)
- $10,000 Prize for best Women-led Startup
- $10,000 Prize for best Undergraduate-led Startup
- $10,000 Prize for best Products & Services Startup
Want to compete? All it takes is a startup idea, and some time to put your idea down in writing. Participation in the fall events is *not* required.
The most important thing is to just write down your idea and submit it! If you want to go above and beyond, we suggest you refer to Guy Kawasaki's thoughts on Executive Summaries. Also, check out executive summaries from past competitors.
Note: Participation in the Elevator Pitch Competition in November 2011 is not a prerequisite to participate in the Executive Summary competition.
- Submit it today on our YouNoodle entry form.